Cub-E is currently closed until January 17th
Are you a registered student organization interested in tabling on Upper Sproul in order to promote and market your group?
You’ve come to the right place- Cub-E!
Cub-E is located on Upper Sproul behind the Golden Bear Café. Look for the Cub-E canopy tent.
Cub-E is open 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
How it works
In order to ensure all student groups have an equal chance to table at the beginning of each semester, Cub-E functions on a lottery system.
For the first (2) weeks of the fall and spring semester, student groups will be picked at random to be able to table and will be informed via email if chosen. During the lottery, equipment will also be available on a first come first serve basis after 10am daily.
December 21st – Cub-E lottery sign up form opens by noon- form to follow
January 4th – Cub-E lottery sign up form closes by noon
January 13th – All winners/ non-winners of the lottery will be emailed by 5pm
January 17th -27th – Cub-E opens for spring semester on the lottery system
*Normal Cub-E operations will resume after January 27th meaning all equipment will available on a first come first serve basis for the remainder of the semester*
Terms & Conditions
1. Sproul tabling will only take place within the designated 50 slots determined by Student Union staff. Those who attempt to table in other locations on Sproul will be asked to remove their equipment, and may have their organization’s entry in the randomized lottery process removed.
2. Those selected to table from the lottery process will be required to pick up their equipment between 8am-10am. Failure to show up during this window without prior communication to Cub-E staff will result in a forfeit of your reservation of equipment.
3. If you are not one of the 50 selected to table during the first (2) weeks of the semester, you may be able to table if there are available spots after initial check-out occurs. After 10am, any available spots can be reserved on a first come-first serve basis.
4. Cub-E equipment may not be left unattended. If your organization is unable to staff your table for a window of time, they are expected to return all equipment to Cub-E staff. Once equipment is returned to staff, it will be available for checkout by any organization on stand-by.
5. A fee of $150 per table and $50 per chair will be charged to your group for any missing or damaged equipment. Until the fee is paid, the group will be blocked from tabling.
6. Amplified sound is only approved 12pm-1pm and 5pm-7pm Monday-Friday
*There will be late penalties for groups who do not return equipment when Cub-E closes at 5pm. Cub-E will inform groups the equipment must be returned ASAP or the group will risk being blocked from tabling for one month.
*No tabling on the red brinks and no blocking any entrances or pathways.